Privacy notice within your application
Our handling of your data and your rights in accordance with Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are pleased about your application and your interest in supporting Silexica GmbH. (hereinafter “Silexica“) in the future. As part of the application process, we process your personal data with the greatest possible care in accordance with the legal requirements.
In the following, we inform you about the processing of your personal data by us and the claims and rights to which you are entitled under the data protection regulations. This information will be updated as necessary and published on our homepage www.silexica.com.
1. Who is responsible for data processing and to whom can I contact?
+49 221 98656190
2. What sources and data do we use?
We process personal data that we receive from you in the context of your application process with Silexica. This includes both the data from your application itself and the data that you have submitted to us using the contact form.
Specifically, we process the following data:
- personal details (e.g. name, address, birthday and place of birth, nationality, marital status)
- further contact data (e.g. e-mail address, telephone, fax),
- vocational training data (information on school and vocational education, university/university of applied sciences further education, qualifications, driving licenses)
- application photo.
- notice periods
- expected salary
- correspondence (e.g. correspondence with you, notes from job interviews/ telephone calls)
- information from former employers / references (only if you have agreed on this action)
- legally permissible information from professional social networks or recruiting portals
In addition, we also process special categories of personal data (Art. 9 Para. 1 DSGVO) if we are obliged to do so. These include:
- if applicable, a degree of disability and existing marks
3. What do we process your data for (purpose of processing) and on what legal basis?
We process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG) as well as any other data protection regulations:
To perform an employment relationship (§ 26 Paragraph 1 Sentence 1 BDSG)
The processing of personal data (Article 4 No. 2 DSGVO) is carried out for the purpose of the application procedure and is required as a pre-contractual measure prior to the conclusion of a possible employment relationship.
4. Who gets my data?
We will not pass on your data to third parties without your consent with the exception of our group entity Silexica, Inc. (USA), as we are providing administrative services for these entities.
Your data will be received by those departments who need it to process your application.
5. How long will my data be stored?
We process and store your personal data for the duration of the application process. After its conclusion, we store your application data in case of a negative decision for additional 4 months. After 4 months, we will automatically delete your data without any request from you. We will inform you separately about the processing of your data for your employment relationship with Silexica.
If you withdraw your application or reject our employment offer, we will delete your data within seven working days.
In addition, we store your personal data insofar as you request us to do so, e.g. in order to be considered for future application procedures or to assert our own legal claims or to be able to defend ourselves against legal claims of others (Art. 18 para. 1 lit. c GDPR).
6. Is data transferred to a third country or an international organization?
Data is not transferred to third countries (countries outside the European Economic Area – EEA) or to an international organization with the exception of our group entity Silexica, Inc. (USA). We have ensured an adequate level of data protection at these entities according to Art. 46 para 2 lit c GDPR by entering into standard contractual clause with said entity. You can request a copy of these standard contractual clauses from us at any time.
7. What data protection rights do I have?
You have the following rights against us under the respective legal requirements:
- the right to access (Art. 15 GDPR, § 34 BDSG)
- the right to recertificate (Article 16 GDPR)
- the right to erasure or “right to be forgotten” (Art. 17 GDPR, § 35 BDSG)
- the right to restriction of processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
- Further rights
If the conditions set out in Art. 20 GDPR are met, you can also demand the surrender of the personal data provided by you as part of the application or based on a consent to you or its transfer to another controller (right to data transferability).
You also have the right to complain to a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State where you are staying, working or allegedly infringed, if you believe that the processing of data concerning you is contrary to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The supervisory authority responsible for Silexica is the North Rhine-Westphalian Data Protection Commissioner. Other administrative or judicial remedies that you may be entitled to remain unaffected.
8. Is there an obligation for me to provide data?
In the context of your application you only have to provide the personal data that is necessary for the application procedure or that we are legally obliged to collect.
Without this information, we will usually have to refuse your application.
9. To what extent is there automated decision making in individual cases?
In principle, we do not use fully automated decision making according to Art. 22 GDPR for your application at Silexica. Should we use these procedures in individual cases, we will inform you separately, insofar as law requires this.
10. To what extent is my data used for profile development (scoring)?
We do not carry out any automated processing of your data that you have submitted to us as part of your application.