Silexica Demonstrates Performance Testing Platform at ROSCon ‘19
San Jose, CA – October 21, 2019 – Silexica (silexica.com) announced today the demonstration of a performance testing platform for ROS-based (Robot Operating System) autonomous systems. Silexica will demonstrate the testing platform at ROSCon ’19 as part of its gold sponsorship. The platform provides a multi-level view of performance from the application, middleware (ROS2), and operating system (Linux) levels. The deeper insights provide faster debug of complex performance bugs and unveil hidden performance bugs that manifest over time deep within the software stack.
“We’re pleased to see Silexica apply their expertise in tooling and dynamic analysis in the ROS environment,” said Dejan Pangercic, CTO at Apex.AI and leader of the ROS2 real-time working group. “Providing a commercially available performance testing platform for purchase and free tool for the ROS community will help accelerate the adoption of ROS2.”
The platform uses dynamic analysis on the target hardware (x86, aarch64) to create detailed performance analysis of your ROS-based software stack. The platform can be run as part of a continuous integration (CI) environment or on the desktop. The performance testing platform includes:
- A scalable, flexible, and distributed performance testing platform that accelerates time to deployment (shift left testing)
- Database-driven analytics, multi-level analysis enabling root cause analysis and traceability through a complete view of the system’s performance
- Built-in variance analysis provides a view of the system over multiple runs to quickly find the performance outliers before your customers do
- Jupyter notebooks to quickly enable test creation, real-time modification and unmatched visualization of charts and graphs
- An open API to easily create custom tests and visualizations and to integrate existing tools and tests into a single flow ensuring long-term scalability
The performance testing platform will be commercially available to select customers in Q1 2020. The performance testing platform will also include a free version that will be made available to the ROS community.
“Silexica is excited to contribute to the ROS community,” said Maximillian Odendahl, CEO at Silexica. “The need for more advanced tooling and testing platforms is critical for furthering ROS2 as the platform of choice for autonomous vehicles, drones, and robots.”
Silexica will be exhibiting at ROSCon 2019 in Macau, China on October 31 through November 1, 2019. In addition, Silexica is a guest speaker at the pre-event workshop on October 30th, titled “Doing real-time with ROS 2: Capabilities and Challenges”
Please contact us to arrange a meeting or click here.
More information about ROSCon is available at https://roscon.ros.org/2019/
Silexica provides software development tools allowing technology companies to take innovative IP or intelligent products from concept to deployment. Enabled by metric-driven software analysis and execution behavior insights, the SLX programming tools disrupts the journey from software to application-specific hardware.
Founded in 2014, Silexica is headquartered in Germany with offices in the US and Japan. It serves innovative companies in the automotive, robotics, wireless communications, aerospace and financial industries and has received $28M in funding from international investors.